Soofia Independence Symposium-2017
Time : Monday, October 2 at 6 PM – 10 PM
Venue: AVANI Lesotho Hotel & Casino , Maseru, Lesotho
Soofia English medium School, in celebration of the country 51st Independent Anniversary, intends to have a “Symposium on Household Food Production in Lesotho”, where agricultural experts and academics will discuss:
- Why Lesotho has become a Net Importer of Food and Agricultural Products despite its vast Agricultural Potential
- The Promotion of Improved Homestead Gardening/Production of Primary Crops (maize, wheat, sorghum, beans and peas) by Individual/Family in Lesotho.
- Innovative Techniques such as the Construction of Keyholes Gardens.
- The promotion of Farming in the Rural Areas where majority of Lesotho’s Population already makes a Living from Agriculture and the Impact of this on the Country.
- Conservative Agriculture-encouraging households to produce their own food right in their own backyards and locality by using their precious resources such as soil and water in a conservative/sustainable way
“COMING BACK TO AGRICULTURE”
(Growing What We Eat Right in Our Backyards)